Monday, August 1, 2016

Potty training days

A few weeks ago, I decided on a whim to see if Clara would poop in the potty.  She was so obvious about pooping, it was really easy to just grab her and throw her on the potty.  The first time she cried, so we didn't do it again.  Then last week I decided to try again, she was down with it and in three days she was asking to change before she started to poop.  I tried to convince Natalie she should do this too, she didn't want to.

Then over the weekend, I decided, enough was enough, I know Natalie knows when she's going to the bathroom. I know she can do it, she just doesn't want to.  So I took away her training pants.  She just kept peeing her pants.  So I took away all pants and underwear and training pants from both girls.

Natalie did ok after that, she'd dribble a little on the flor and run to the bathroom and after several on and offs she eventually would pee on the potty.  Natalie goes on so much and Clara excitedly chases her that so far we mostly get lucky and Clara pees too.

Yesterday, Clara had one accident and Natalie had teeny tiny close calls but mostly peed on the potty.

Today is day two of naked.  Clara so far peed on the potty and after a half an hour of back and forth, Natalie finally went.  Hopefully things keep going this well and hopefully Natalie can cut down the back and forth some by learning to relax a little.   I will have them naked from the waist down for several more days.  I might then upgrade them to skirts only for another week.

But for now, we are ladies who don't leave the house so we can learn to use the bathroom.


It's strange really to be training them both at the same time.  It's something I originally imagined for Paige and Natalie, but I ended waiting so long for Natalie that Clara just so happens to maybe be able to do it too.

In my defense, I did start training Natalie about six months ago, she was not too excited but would humor me.  I stopped because Paige kept getting sick and would be up all night vomiting, which meant I was up to make sure she was ok and potty training and no patience just done mix.  I think that start and stop initially made this new attempt harder with Natalie, she simply did not want to.  Hopefully, we are moving past that now.

No comments:

Post a Comment