Tuesday, August 23, 2016

I can go to school now!

Potty training went very well.  It's shocking.  My neighbor suggested I write a book about one day potty training.  I just shrug my shoulders and take what I get.  I got lucky.  At first I couldn't believe how lucky I was that it was so easy.  Basically, Clara was trained in a day, Natalie in two.  Then I got to thinking.  Outraged Brenda popped her head into my brain and shouted, the last three years have been anything but easy, YOU WERE DUE FOR EASY.  So yes, potty training was really unbelievably easy, but I've earned easy.  Thank you universe for finally giving me a break.  I really truly appreciate it.

We have had one or two accidents, but overall nothing major.  In a week or two, I will probably take pull ups away at nap time.  The girls don't pee during naps.  I could probably do it today, but better to be safe.  Natalie is consistently going to bed at night and waking up dry.  She will probably lose her night pants shortly afterwards.  Clara seems to pee at night if she wakes up angry over who knows what.  She will stay in training pants at night longer.

An unexpected hiccup is that Natalie now wants to go to preschool.  Three months ago, when I was trying to convince her to potty train, I talked about how she needed to potty to go to school.  I haven't mentioned it since.  I gave up on her potty training and figured she'd stay at home another year.  Several times a day, Natalie tells me how she needs to go to school.  Except school starts like now and all schools are filled up (of the ones I've found).  So..yeah.




No comments:

Post a Comment